The RDS-2500 lateral flow reader platform launched in 2018 as an upgrade to the RDS-1500. The new RDS-2500 has all of the functionality of its predecessor, and much more! The reader features upgraded optics, greater analyte sensitivity, and a highly-customizable cartridge port for more flexibility in test strip compatibility than ever before!
ONE READER FOR ALL YOUR TEST TYPES
Adapts to accept single-strip or multi-strip cartridges with an expanded test imaging area that’s 5x the size of the RDS-1500’s imaging area. This allows you to use a single reader with all your test strip types, regardless of dimensional differences.
Software and test database updates to the reader and data streaming to PC are enabled via Wi-Fi
STREAMLINED USER INTERFACE WITH TOUCHSCREEN DISPLAY
Intuitive, smartphone-like user interface and capacitive touchscreen that can be interacted with using fingertip or capacitive stylus.
AUTOMATED TESTING ROUTINE
Proprietary line detection algorithms accommodate test strip position and inherent variability in test strip manufacturing methods.
INCREASED EFFICIENCY THROUGH BARCODE SCANNERS
Test strips are automatically recognized via internal barcode scanner, and their lot specific information can be added via external barcode scanner. Additional user-specific information and test routines can be programmed via external and internal barcode scanners for a high degree of customization during testing.
The RDS platform is designed for testing in the lab or in the field and is well-suited for both lateral flow and colorimetric assays. Featuring the ability to objectively analyze rapid test strips and to display and store the actual test image, the RDS provides reliable results with a high degree of traceability.
The portable system can easily be synced to a computer using Detekt's Data Manager software.
- Design: Hand-held, portable, rugged design with color touchscreen interface
- Speed: Objective test strip analysis in under 5 seconds
- Traceability: Results display color image of test/control lines
- Compatibility: Can be used with lateral flow and dry chemistry (colorimetric) assays
- Barcoding: Features RapidScan™ barcode technology for error-free test-related data input
- Software Updates: Remotely upgradeable software
- Calibration: Automatic internal calibration at startup
- Test Routines: Custom programmable test routines for multiple assays
- Upgrades: Portable printer, rugged Pelican™ case, international adapters, fluorescence module for fluorescent assays